DIY: Newborn Photography Prop

A couple of weeks ago, I was digging through my garage and came across this wicker basket.
I could not for the life of me figure out why I had this basket dumped in a pile of junk.
I guess it has been a while since I have even been in there
and before it was just a plain old wicker basket.
So I brought this basket in, set it in my room and stared at it for days thinking what in the world I am going to do with it.
Light bulb moment!
I have been shopping like crazy for interesting newborn props.
All along I have had this plain old basket
and no vision.
You know when you have one of those nights when you wake up straight out of a dead sleep with the answer to your question.
Well I just did!
Paint rainbow stripes on it like a child would and use it for your newborns.
It was so simple to paint the stripes.
I didnt need tape, I just used the wicker to follow a straight line.
I already had small bottles of acrylic paint in all the colors of the rainbow so I just used what I had.
It took all of 30 mintutes
and
VIOLA
I was finished
It isnt perfect
and that was the point.
I wanted it to look like one of my kids painted it.
As soon as I get a little bundle of joy for this basket
I will be able to show you my complete vision.
But until then here is what I came up with





Comments

Popular Posts